H2O ver: 220.127.116.11
Systems: Centos 6.8 and Centos 7.3
Language: Open JDK 1.8.0_121 , using java library h2o-genmodel-18.104.22.168 (on both systems)
Algorithm: GBM Binomial
We are using the MOJO version of models not the POJO
The problem: Our team recently upgraded one of our centos 6 machines to centos 7. After this update we noticed drastically different prediction values using the same model for our validate/test frames when using the java api. We used the same compiled JAR on both systems to generate the predictions using the java api.
However, using the web interface with the same model, the predictions that came out were identical. I have replicated this issue on other centos 7 machines in my environment.
Answer by kyle_bv · yesterday
So we updated to h2o-genmodel 22.214.171.124, this seems to have fixed the issue. We had some class path errors (accidentally including the h2o.jar which also has the h2o-genmodel.jar contents) so when I thought we were using 126.96.36.199 we weren't actually using that version. 188.8.131.52 seems to also have the fix as well.
Answer by erin · 2 days ago